FRONT PORCH NEWS REILLY SPRINGS TEXAS
Reilly Springs was named for springs located on land belonging to settler James Reilly. Mr. Reilly moved to the area in 1841. As of the 1850s twelve more families had moved to the community. The first gin and mill was built in 1867. It burned. A second gin, three stories tall, was built. The third floor was the Masonic Hall. This gin also burned. A third gin was then built in the same location.
A post office was established in 1871. It was discontinued in 1906, reestablished in 1906, and finally discontinued in 1940.
Reilly Springs Presbyterian Church was organized in 1870. A Baptist Church was organized in 1897.